The Development Manager is the driving force of the project delivery team assigned to a given project. The DM is responsible for directing and overseeing all facets of the design and construction of multiple projects in various locations around the country.
Reports to: Senior Development Manager
A. Responsibility for all project work, including but not limited to the following:
- Manage the development of budgets and estimates on pre-construction projects as assigned by the Development Director. Work closely with the project team (General Contractor, Vendors, Scheduler, Estimators, Finance, and Development Coordinators) on assigned projects to ensure that all aspects of the project delivery are being executed effectively and accurately. Communicate frequently with the Development Director and Client regarding current status, budget, and issues on assigned projects.
B. Assist in the development of Contracts and Change Orders by working with Finance and providing scope, schedule and budget information. Provide approvals of Invoice Pay Applications prior to release of contract documents and payments to contractors, vendors and suppliers.
C. Manage all phases of the project;
- Work closely and manage the designers, architects, General Contractors, Subcontractors, Vendors, Landlords as well as leases and permitting.
- Review and understand all plans, specifications, sketches, etc., and direct their distribution as required.
- Evaluate, qualify and negotiate all general contractor and vendor change requests and change orders for accuracy and completeness prior to submittal to the Client for approval.
- Review and understand all Requests for Information (RFIs) and the responses, making sure that all responses are generated and executed in a timely manner.
- Manage, monitor and maintain schedule utilizing the assigned Scheduler to provide updates and status on all tasks. Develop workarounds and recovery strategies.
- Participate in meetings with Generis Collective staff and Project Team.
- Manage Development Coordinator and assign responsibilities for their work product (plan distribution, submittals, RFI tracking, change directive drafts, field coordination, vendor supervision, miscellaneous field activities, etc).
- Update Reports and participate in review meetings prior to finalizing information.
- Attend Client meetings as required.